Easy Strawberry Soup Recipe- Gastroparesis Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Egg-Free, & Vegan.


Do you love strawberries? Well, why wouldn't you? They're sweet, tangy, juicy, & colorful. They're pretty much the perfect summer fruit (at least in my humble opinion).

But, if you struggle with fatigue you don't want to spend 45 minutes preparing your dinner. And, if you have dysautonomia, forget about slaving over a hot stove. And, this soup is perfect for those with gastroparesis trying to incorporate a new dish into their diets. This recipe also doesn't include any added sugars!

If you're looking for a delicious new way to incorporate strawberries into your diet see my recipe below! This recipe was inspired by the Food Network, but I changed a few things to make it allergen friendly!


What you'll need:


  1. Two cups of fresh strawberries
  2. One cup of no pulp Orange Juice 
  3. One cup of dairy-free yogurt
  4. 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla extract 

Where can I get the ingredients? 

If you live in a small town, you can sometimes experience trouble finding certain foods. (I grew up a vegetarian in a rural Ohio town, I get it). But, I was able to find all these ingredients at my local Kroger (aka Fred Meyer's, Dillions, Food 4 Less, and Harris Teeter). Silk makes both a vanilla yogurt made with soy milk or almond milk. 



Also, feel free to substitute imitation vanilla extract for pure vanilla extract. I'm on a budget! And, I've always found the "real stuff" to be too expensive. 

How long will this take to make?

You'll be enjoying some awesome strawberry soup in less than 5 minutes! 

What do I do? 

  1. Hull out the strawberries and cut into quarters. Throw them into your blender! 
  2. Measure one cup of orange juice and pour into your blender. 
  3. Measure one cup of vanilla yogurt and pour into your blender 
  4. Pour 1/4 a teaspoon of vanilla extract into your blender 
  5. Once all your ingredients are in, pulse until the liquid is creamy and smooth. There should be no chunks. 
  6. Pour into a bowl and let it chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (optional, but highly recommended!) 
  7. Enjoy! 
Did you try my recipe? What did you think? Comment below! 




Comments

Popular Posts