NaNoWriMo 2019!









It's NaNoWriMo or National Novel Writing Month! For those that are unfamiliar with NaNoWriMo, every November a group of writers will attempt to complete a 50,000-word novel in one month! This is my first time participating and I couldn't be more excited!

My goal is to create a work of fiction that incorporates a main character who struggles with a disability or chronic illness. Representation matters and I've not really seen many books that incorporate characters with disabilities, chronic illness, or mental illness. And, if they do, something tragic usually happens to them. People with disabilities should have a wide range of books to choose from that don't include killing off people that are like them just to keep the plot moving.

I'll reveal more as my work progresses, so stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts