How I'm Spending my Time While Quarantined


It's been a while since I've updated anything on my blog. I recently made a cross-country move and a bought a fixer-upper. As we were renovating the house, I was so focused on revamping my wedding business and getting used to my new home that I didn't have any time to write! 

But, as many of you are now experiencing, I'm practicing social distancing to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. I am an immunocompromised person, but I'm not as worried about myself as I am other people. I'm pretty confident I would recover, but I'd be devastated if I ended up spreading it to someone who would ultimately perish.  So, now I have a lot more free time on my hands! I wanted to make the most out of these eight weeks in quarantine, so I decided to give myself a list of goals to work on. 

1. Write More (Obviously!)  

Now that I have the time, I plan on spending it on updating this blog more frequently. But, I'm also in the middle of writing my first book. I'm using my energy to focus on making writing a part of my daily routine. Even if it takes me an hour to write 100 words, I'm doing my best to make sure I get something done each and every day. 

I'm also using this time to research freelance writing. I've always been intrigued by the idea of freelancing as a writer. But, I've been intimidated by the thought of sending pitches to magazines or other publications. I've made a commitment to myself to use this time to figure out exactly what it takes to make it as a freelance writer, so I can begin working towards a very important goal of mine! 


2. Get Stronger 

I've been struggling with my weight lately, I'm about 15lbs heavier than I'd like to be. Since I've received my RA diagnosis, I've been especially worried about how that extra weight is going to impact my knees and other joints.  So, another goal of mine is over the next eight weeks, I'd like to lose those extra 15lbs! 

I've also been working on getting stronger. Since I can't go to the gym, I've been taking the dogs on extra long walks, doing at-home yoga videos, and working on several 30-day fitness challenges! I'm hoping to be able to notice muscle gains and improve my flexibility. 

3. Creating Art 

Besides writing, I also enjoy adult coloring books, floral arrangements, and design! I've decided to spend time to dedicate myself to encourage my creativity and letting it flourish. 

4. Explore my Faith 

I was raised Catholic, but I converted to another religion as an adult. As a convert, I have to dedicate time to learn about my faith. Spending time reconnecting with the Universe, is incredibly nourishing for me. Meditation, journaling, and reading are very important aspects of my religion, and they're good self-care practices for anybody! Exploring my beliefs helps me recharge and grounds me during this incredibly uncertain time. 



5. Investing in my Professional Growth 

Since I'm mostly settled in my new home, I applied to the local community college to take a certificate in commercial photography! I'm set to begin next fall semester and I'm super excited. I think learning photography skills will only benefit me and my business, and if it doesn't,  it will still be a cool hobby. :) 

I'm also taking the time I have now to submit proposals for different contracts that I find interesting. I've submitted several for different social media marketing positions and I've already got an interview set up! Wish me luck! 

I'm also investing my time to research how I can expand my current wedding business, once the coronavirus is under control. 




What about you? How are you spending your time during the pandemic? 

Are you struggling with anything? Or excited about any new projects that you're working on? 

Leave a comment below! 


Comments

Popular Posts